Story Map Clouds

I use this activity after reading a story.
The boys and girls write the different
elements of the story on the clouds.
Reading Links
This is another task the students do after reading a story.
On one link they write the author and illustrator.
On the other links they write sentences of
what happened in the story.
Understanding Parts of a Sentence
The class writes different adjectives
within the letters. This gives them word choice
when they write sentences.
I love the link project because I could see myself modifying that a little bit to meet the needs of my freshmen high school students. I could turn that into a group project in which each member of the group contributes a certain amount of links. Also, have the students demonstrate certain grammar skills on the links while at the same time still stating what happened in the story. Thanks for sharing these, I think a lot of us could find this useful.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the other comment. This looks like a great project. Are you getting any feedback from your discussion board? Thanks for following my blog. I posted your question on my community board as you requested. I will keep you posted. This is Tom from your Education class posting under the name Pilgrim.
ReplyDelete