Sunday, July 25, 2010

I posted more projects that I have completed this summer and during the school year.
It is quite exciting to develop projects. I wish I was more creative.
I believe as a teacher you are always learning and trying to perfect a lesson or project!


Life Cycle of a Pumpkin:
From Seed to Squash
This is one of my favorite Fall Projects!
I teach a Life Cycle Lesson on Pumpkins!
The students really enjoy this project
because it takes focus and concentration.
The students really learn the life cycle of a Pumpkin!



Telling the Time
Second Graders complete this project to become
more familiar with reading a clock and telling the time.



Array of Flowers
This is project is used to visualize
a multiplication sentence.



More Arrays
Practice makes perfect. Students can visualize the math sentence
and it will be easier for them to solve
the math sentence.



My Favorite Color Graph
This is a simple graph I have the students complete.
I ask the class what their favorite color is.
I count the students and write the numbers on the board.
The students color in the data into the graph.



Book Worm
This project can be done many ways.
Students can pick favorite parts in the story
and write and draw about it.
They can also write the beginning, middle, and end and draw it too!




3 comments:

  1. These projects are great and I especially apreciate the math sentence because it is something simular I would use in my English class. The scaffolding reaches different learning styles which is why I love that project and teaching tool. All these projects may be for the elementary level but with modification or two they could be used at any which is why I like observing the numerous amounts you display. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these photos, Xenia! I really appreciate what you're doing with your class, since you're preparing your students for 3rd grade (that's the grade I teach!) "Telling the Time" and the array projects are so creative. We do some similar activities in 3rd grade, but this is a nice introduction to telling time and multiplication. Your bookworm idea is so cute for a Language Arts activity. I definitely want to get more creative in terms of incorporating Art into my curriculum. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Tom from your education class. Your blog is always so interesting and engaging. The images and graphics are great.

    ReplyDelete