Monday, July 5, 2010

Math Art Projects


I use this activity with Second Graders. They are learning
addition and subtraction facts. I want students to understand that the facts are
related, the same numbers are being used, and they are turned-around in a sentence.


This project is aimed for the Third and Fourth Graders. They are learning place values. The students can visually see the representation of the numbers. They are learning how to write the numbers in standard, expanded, and written form.


This activity is for Second Graders. The students are using dominoes
to subtract numbers. They are learning how to write subtraction
sentences horizontally and vertically.


This activity is for Third and Fourth Graders.
They are also using dominoes
to subtract double-digit numbers.

2 comments:

  1. Xenia, what a beautiful blog. I am going to enjoy being a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very creative, and I could see myself using something simular to that in my English class relating to parts of speech.

    ReplyDelete