Thursday, June 24, 2010

I really enjoy teaching children and using art as a tool to teach a new concept and skill. I am always searching new and fun art projects that students can learn from. I like to use all general subjects with art. I think it makes learning more enjoyable!

6 comments:

  1. Xenia,

    Great start on your blog. I love art but I have no idea how to do any of it.
    Hopefully this will develop into a learning community for art lovers.
    I'll check back later in the term to see how it's developing.

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Xenia,
    I like art as well but I am definitely not an artist. In undergrad I had to take Art for elementary school teachers. I loved that class but I always felt as though I was not doing a good joob. My art workk always looked like the students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Xenia,
    I love art too, but wish I were more skilled at incorporating art into my classroom lessons and activities...definitely not one of my strengths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog - I am a kindergarten teacher at a private school in orange, ca. I create my curriculum around an artist for each week. We study artists like Picasso, Van Gogh, Degas, Gustave Caillebotte, Matisse, Keith Haring, and many more throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Angela, that is awesome and inspiring! I haven't focused on artists with my class, but I have always wanted to. Many years ago, my sister did do an ongoing Picasso Project with her students.
    When I was young, my father and mother would take my siblings and I to many museums in LA. He would discuss paintings with us. He would teach us a lesson. I think this is where I found my love of Art. I enjoy creating lessons and preparing the work for my students. Once we do the art project, I believe it is challenging, but I could tell the students are enjoying it. I would love to hear and/or see what projects you do with your Kinder Class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Xenia,

    I am thinking about making my blog an art in the classroom inspired blog like yours...I'll try to keep you informed from there..

    http://angelarogers.webs.com/apps/blog/

    Angela

    ReplyDelete